Photocopying in the PRC/ Printing in the Hebb Computer Labs
- PHOTOCOPYING – 25 cents a page – Cash only – please have small bills or change.
- Only approved PRC material may be copied.
- PRINTING – .10 cents per page B/W printer in BSB 162.
- Our printers use the YU-card system to cover the cost of printing. BSB 162 (GRAD) (arruda159-B&W) Black/White printers cost .10 cents per page.
- B/W Printer set to double sided printing – to set to single sided printing see here.
- Colour Printer – Please go to Printing Services or WSII.
- For information on how to obtain or deposit money to your YU-card, click here.
November 2017 – DISCLAIMER – The Hebb Computer Lab is **** unable to issue refunds for printing ****
- New printing options are being explored by the department for the Hebb Computer Labs.
- In the interim, please note that there are heavy-duty printers in the William Small Centre & in Scott Libraries.
- Printing problems can be experienced when sending multiple large print jobs (e.g. journal / book pdfs; SPSS output); double-sided; and / or duplex printing, etc.
- Please only print ONE file at a time. The printer memory is limited – sending multiple jobs to the printer will likely cause it to JAM / backup and/or print very slowly.
- Apologies in advance & thank-you for your patience and co-operation.
- The photocopying / printing of a copyrighted work such as a test, book, journal, or any substantial part of the work, without the permission of the copyright owner constitutes infringement of copyright. Details about copyright and the University are available in all libraries, photocopier locations and see “Copyright and You” site and here.
- The test publishers hold the copyright to commercial tests, and they set policies which determine whether a user is qualified to use, administer, and interpret the test, based on the user’s level of training and education.
- The PRC adheres to the publishers’ guidelines and policies on test use.
- Copying of manuals, protocols, and other parts of commercial tests is not permitted on the Resource Centre copier
- The Resource Centre has a limited number of computers for the use of clients to access our website. You can also use your laptop in the Centre to access AirYork – York’s wireless network access is available in BSB. Click here for more information.
- EDUROAM – allows York University community members who are visiting other participating institutions to access the wireless internet service using their York credentials.
Laptops, iPads & Wireless
- The Resource Centre currently has 2 laptops available for short term loan [ up to 2 hours ] to eligible current graduate students, departmental faculty members, and the YUPC.
- The laptops are heavily circulated and eligible users can Reserve for a specific date(s) and time(s).
- Prior to borrowing for the first time, users will be asked to complete a “Resource Centre Laptop/iPad Loan Agreement” .
- Psychological testing and scoring software is installed on the laptop as well as a standard suite of applications (MS Office; SPSS; etc.). A “Laptop User Document” can be found on the desktop of each Laptop and a hard copy can be found in the laptop bag. N. B. Passwords are only included on the desktop & hard copies of this file!
- Individual publishers and vendors determine the format (e.g. MSWord, .pdf, etc.) for reports and output. As the laptop is not attached to a specific printer, please familiarize yourself with the features of the application(s) you will be using. You should have an external memory drive / USB key available to save your work to. We also suggest e-mailing the files to yourself for redundancy.
- Tips on using wireless printing are also provided on each laptop.
- Users are responsible for the ethical / legal use of resources and tests; for ensuring all reports, files, client identifiers etc. are removed before returning the laptop to the PRC. In addition the laptop is “DeepFrozen”, all files saved locally will be deleted upon logout / shutdown.
- iPads – 2 iPads have been added to the PRC holdings for use in specific graduate assessment courses under the supervision of the course directors. Prior to borrowing for the first time, users will be asked to complete a “Resource Centre Laptop/iPad Loan Agreement” .
- Please check the current holdings of test software.
- Each publisher / vendor may have their own unique interface and these can change with upgrades and new versions of the software and / or administrative software.
- The PRC welcomes suggestion for purchase. Please fill out a “Recommend a Purchase” request.