Guidelines for Printing in the Hebb Computer Labs
- There is a B/W printer available for graduate students in Rm 159
- The printer is automatically set to double sided printing – if you wish to set it to single sided printing you can find a tutorial here.
- If you wish to use a colour printer please go to printing services or WSII. The PRC does not have colour printers available.
- For information on how to obtain or deposit money onto your YU-card please click here
Please note: we are unable to issue refunds for printing. We apologize for any inconvenience
- If you wish to print an abundance of pages please use the more apt printers that are located in the the Scott library and William Small Centres.
- Please be advised that printing problems can be experienced when sending multiple large print jobs (e.g. journal / book pdfs; SPSS output); double-sided; and / or duplex printing, etc.
- Please only print one file at a time. The printer memory is limited therefore sending multiple jobs to the printer likely cause it to malfuncation and/or print very slowly.
Copyright Rules and Regulations
- The photocopying and/or printing of copyrighted work such as a test, book, journal, or any substantial part of the work, without the permission of the copyright owner constitutes infringement of copyright.
- Details regarding copyright and the University are available in all libraries, photocopier locations and under the heading Copyright and You
- The test publishers hold the copyrightto commercial tests, therefore they set policies that determine whether a user is qualified to use, administer, and interpret the test. This is based on the user’s level of training and education.
- The PRC adheres to the publishers’ guidelines and policies on test use.
- Please note that the copying of manuals, protocols, and other parts of commercial tests is strictly forbidden at the Resource Centre.
- The Psychology Resource Centre offers computers to undergraduate psychology students in Rm 159A.
- For graduate psychology students the Psychology Resource Centre offers a computer lab that can be accessed 24/7 by a key code. This lab is located in Rm 159A.
- If you want to use your laptop in the Centre you can connect to York’s wireless network access. Click here for more information.
- The program EDUROAM -allows York University members who are visiting other participating institutions the ability to access their wireless internet service by using their York credentials.
The Guidelines for Laptops and iPads Usage
The Resource Centre currently has 2 laptops (laptop 2 and laptop 3 respectively) available for short term loan. The laptops are only available for use for current graduate students, departmental faculty members, and the YUPC.
- The laptops are heavily circulated therefore it is recommended that you book a reservation in advance. Please click here. Users can reserve for specific dates and times in advance.
- If the user is borrowing a laptop for their first time the users will be asked to complete a Resource Centre Laptop/iPad Loan Agreement
Psychological testing and scoring software is installed on the laptop along with the standard set of computer applications (e.g MS Office, SPSS, etc.).
Please note: Many testing & scoring software programs require passwords in order to access the service.
This information can be found in the Laptop User Document which is located in the bag of each laptop
Individual publishers and vendors determine the format (e.g. MSWord, PDF, etc.) of the reports and output. As the laptop is not attached to a specific printer, it is advised that users familiarize themselves with the features of the application(s) you will be using.
In order to save your work a user must have an external memory drive / USB key available. If unavailable, users can also e-mail the files to themselves.
The laptops are deep frozen so there memory is wiped nightly.
Therefore no information is stored or saved on the laptops even if it was saved directly to the laptop previously.
In addition to the deep freeze, all reports, files and client identifiers are removed from the laptop at the end of every shift in order to ensure client confidentiality.
Guidelines for the iPad
- Two iPads are available for loan in order to use in specific graduate assessment courses under the supervision of the course directors.
- Prior to borrowing for the first time, users will be asked to complete a Resource Centre Laptop/iPad Loan Agreement
- The current list of the iPad software can be accessed here
- The current inventory of our software can be found here
- Each publisher have their own unique interface and these can change when upgraded and/or new versions of the software are released,
- The PRC welcomes suggestion for purchase. If you wish to recomend please fill out a Recommend a Purchase request.