Due to Covid Restrictions the Graduate and Undergraduate Labs are CLOSED.
You may access the lab computers remotely by following this link: https://remoteaccess.labstats.com/york-university-hh
The login instructions are here: https://uit.yorku.ca/student-services/computer-labs/remote-lab-access-for-students/
Not all computers have the same programs available.
If you need Nvivo log into workstation 35, 42 or 44.
If you need Mplus8 log into workstation 34.
If you need GIMP log into workstation 30.
Update for Mac users
You will need to download Pulse Secure, as per the instructions above. You will ALSO need to download “Microsoft Remote Desktop” from your app store in order to be able to open the remote access files for the Hebb lab computers. Once you’ve downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop (just go ahead and download from your app store, its free) AND you have downloaded Pulse Secure (see first link above), then you can click the second link above, choose your computer, and open the file with MRD.
BSB 162, the Graduate/Faculty Lab, is restricted for the use of Psychology Graduate students, and faculty. Accessible 24/7 (with valid YUCard ).
- Please note that UIT update the Graduate Lab image (BSB 162) nightly during the maintenance window of 1:00 am and 7:00 am (as of February 13, 2019).
- A valid access code for the keypad on the BSB 162 door is required to open the door outside staffed hours.
- If you are working in the Lab outside peak hours, you can inform Security at ext. 58000 or 52289 or 416- 736-5333 from the pay phone (no charge call on campus). They will then stop in the Lab as part of their rounds to check on you.
– “WHY WORK ALONE” SECURITY CHECK see: http://security.info.yorku.ca/safety-resources-around-campus/
– goSafe and STUDENT SECURITY see: http://www.yorku.ca/goSAFE/
Undergraduate/Teaching Lab – BSB 159 & cubicles
BSB 159 and cubicles are open:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:50 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:50 pm
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:50 pm
Undergraduate lab software is updated nightly.
Note: Outside 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday and weekends access is possible via the main entry door with a valid door access card .
PRC/Psychology Computer Lab Staff Hours:
STAFFED HOURS –
Fall / Winter Terms
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 – 7:00 pm & Friday: 8:00 -5:00 pm
Monday – Friday: 9:00 – 5:00 pm
N.B. During Exam period and before Fall / Winter staff are in place, there will be gaps in staff hours.
Doors close 10 minutes before closing to allow staff to shut down lab and PRC.
(Changes will be posted on the BSB 160 office door)