|Title:||Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS)|
|Author:||Delis, D. C., Kaplan, E., & Kramer, J. H.|
|Description:||The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) assess key components of executive functions within verbal and spatial modalities. Comprehensively assess with nine new tests, the key components of executive functions believed to be mediated primarily by the frontal lobe. The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System'” (D-KEFS) is the first nationally standardized set of tests to evaluate higher-level cognitive functions in both children and adults. The tests assess vital executive functions such as flexibility of thinking, inhibition, problem solving, planning, impulse control, concept formation, abstract thinking, and creativity in both verbal and spatial modalities. D-KEFS’ nine stand-alone tests evaluate the following executive-function domains: D-KEFS Tests – Key Executive Functions Assessed.
Sorting Test – Problem-solving, verbal and spatial concept formation, flexibility of thinking on a conceptual task.
Trail Making Test – Flexibility of thinking on a visual-motor task.
|Age Range:||Both Children and Adults|
|Inventory:||4 Complete Kits:
|Location:||1) Kits 1-3 located in Test Drawer 1, Kit 4 located in 160G
2) Extra forms in BSB 158A (in D-KEFS box )
2) Scoring software installed on laptop 1 & 2, see PRC staff for assistance – D-KEFS Scoring Assistant
3) Pearson Resources (Supplemental Materials) – Sample interpretive reports, sample technical reports, case studies, and author biographies for download in PDF (see URL below)
4) Alfonso, V.C., Flanagan, D.P., & Ortiz, S.O. (2013). Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment (3rd ed.). New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (BF 431 F437 2013)
5) Ashendorf, L., Swenson, R., & Libon, D. J. (2013). The Boston Process Approach to neuropsychological assessment: a practitioner’s guide. New York: Oxford university press. (RC 386.6 N48 B66 2014)
6) Suhr, J.A. (2015). Psychological assessment: A problem-solving approach. New York, NY: The Guilford Press. (RC 469 S88 2015)
7) McCloskey, G. & Perkins, A. L. (2013). Essentials of executive functions assessment. New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (BF 723 E93 M33 2012)
March 27th 2019 – D-KEFS kit 1 replaced
|Qualification Level:||Level C or 1|