|Title:||Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) – School-Age 6-18|
|Author:||Achenbach, Thomas M. et al.|
|Description:||Formerly known as: Child Behavior Checklist (Achenbach) ASEBA School-Age- 6-18 – was revised in 2001. It is designed to be self-administered by respondents who have at least fifth grade reading skills. It is desirable to have multiple informants independently complete separate forms describing the child’s behavior. An assessment can quickly and effectively assess diverse aspects of adaptive and maladaptive functioning.
SEE ALSO: Test Observation Form – The Test Observation Form (TOF) is a standardized form for rating observations of behavior, affect, and test-taking style during testing sessions for children aged 2-18. The examiner records observations of a child’s behavior during the test session and scores the child on 125 problem items, using a 4-point scale. The TOF manual provides details of the development of the TOF and its scales, its relations to other instruments, and guidelines for practical applications.
|Administration:||Individual and Group|
|Inventory:||2 Complete Kits:
1) Archer, R.P., & Wheeler, E.M.A. (Eds.) (2013). Forensic uses of clinical assessment instruments (2nd ed.). New York: Routledge. (RA 1148 F559 2013; p. 311)
2) Archer, R.P., & Smith, S.R. (2008). Personality Assessment. New York: Routledge. (BF 698.4 A74 2008) [Reserves – MILLS]
3) *Assessment Courses
4) Gumbiner, J. (2003). Adolescent Assessment. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. (BF 724.25 G86 2003; p. 133-142)
5) Sattler, J.M. (2002). Assessment of children: behavioral and clinical applications. (4th ed.). San Diego: Jerome M. Sattler., Publisher, Inc. (BF 432 C48 S28 2001; p. 172 -174)
6) Sattler, J.M., & Hoge, R.D. (2006). Assessment of children: behavioral, social and clinical foundations. (5th ed.). San Diego: Jerome M. Sattler, Publisher, Inc. (BF 722.3 S38 2006)
7) Scoring software installed on Laptop 1 (compliant with DSM-IV & DSM-IV-TR) and Laptop 2 (compliant with DSM-V), see PRC staff for assistance – Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) Scoring Software
8) Scoring Templates: 1 set available; please request scoring templates if required – (Scoring Templates to be kept in file folder C.2)
|Qualification Level:||Level B or 2|
|Test Category:||Behaviour Assessment|