PASSPORT YORK single login is the single login to access most York computing resources and services.
Users are able to use York’s centralized Manage My Services (MMS) account management website to create their accounts.
- After creating your account, if you are a member of York Psychology faculty; a graduate student;and/or an undergraduate student enrolled in a course booking the lab you are entitled use the account here in the Hebb Lab.
- For more, check the York Computing site and select “Accounts”: http://www.yorku.ca/computing/
- NOTE: UNDERGRADUATE account access is set annually .
- Sponsored Guest Account
1) UIT will accept requests for some computing services access for visiting scholars to use if teaching at York University.
2) Academic Supervisors can also submit requests for the maintenance of computing services for withdrawn graduate students for a defined period of time. Graduate students need to ask their supervisor to make this request.
– Academic Supervisors can request access via UIT using the “Sponsored Guest Account” option and then select the link for “Sponsored Account Form” . “Sponsored Guest Accounts” are active for a designated period only – include the time period required in your request.
– Guest account owners cannot access the “Manage My Services” application to add other services, nor can they use Passport York authenticated applications such as printing, CEO or Class Lists.
– Make sure to specify what accounts you need to keep active – e-mail, PASSPORT YORK single login (formerly FAS ACCOUNTS) – Hebb Psychology lab, etc,
How to Access “Manage My Services”:
Open “Manage My Services” website at http://mms.yorku.ca . Proceed as per Step 1 below.
In BSB 160 in PRC use the KIOSK terminals to access “Manage My Services” . Proceed as per Step 1 below.
You can access the ‘Manage My Services’ program from any of the PCs or MACs in the Computer Commons, Parking Structure II (PSII) building, at the north-west exit of the Ross Building behind the Curtis Lecture Halls. (Full details can be found at: http://www.cns.yorku.ca/computing/index.html select Accounts). Express terminals are also located outside Scott Library. Proceed as per Step 1 below.
Steps to activate your PASSPORT YORK single login (formerly FAS) – account:
- Once at the MMS website, use your Passport York login information to sign into your account
- To the left is a list of your currently activated services. If “FAS” is listed (on the left-hand side under “My Services” with a green checkmark in front of it, then your account is already activated and you may log into the workstations in the lab. Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
- Click on “Activate New Service” .
- A list of services available for activation is displayed.
- You need to activate your PASSPORT YORK single login (formerly FAS) account – click on the “Activate” button and follow the steps outlined.
You can create additional accounts by selecting the appropriate service. You can also cancel services, change passwords, and view your account information from the ‘Manage My Services’ main menu screen. Once you are finished – logout!
If you forget your password, follow these guidelines for:
All users of the PsychLab should familiarize themselves with the Senate Policy on Computing and Information Technology Facilities .
PLEASE NOTE: “4. The Guidelines shall be posted on each door into the labs and/or broadcast at the point of access to the system. By entering the lab and/or signing onto the system, the user agrees to abide by these Guidelines.”
N.B. Hebb Computer Lab guidelines further state: “The PsychLab may be used for academic purposes only. Only legally obtained software may be used in the workstations. Anyone using the Hebb Psychology Lab facilities for non-academic purposes or intentionally disrupting the work of others will have their accounts locked and the privilege to use these systems revoked.” Electronic records detail all users entering and logging into our labs 24 hours / seven days a week. You may be held accountable for improper use of the facilities. Do not share or lend your account or access card to others as you will be held responsible as the registered user.
Account Generation Forms: