(To search: select "Publishers" under the Catalogue drop down menu)
Locating Test Publishers
- We have included Catalogue records for some Publishers. Search the Catalogue for your Publisher.
- Be sure to check with each Publisher to see if you are eligible for educational, research or training discounts (these can be as much as 50%).
- Records from the Mental Measurements Yearbook database are available via York Library’s eRESOURCES and may also provide details on tests publishers.
- Directories of test publishers are included in MMYB, TIP – York Library Call Number: Z 5814 P8 M4
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements - Test Reviews Online provides free information on nearly 4,000 commercial tests, including Publisher’s name, address, contact details and web address, etc.
- Test records from the Test Collection at Educational Testing Service (ETS) provide publisher details.
All of the major test publishers have catalogs listing their own products. The catalogs are published on an annual or semiannual basis on-line and in print. A number of publishers have begun to discontinue the printed catalogs in favour of an online version.
Publisher Resources and Additional Websites
DIRECTORY OF TEST PUBLISHERS – (United Kingdom) The Psychological Testing Centre (PTC) receives frequent enquiries from both psychologists and non-psychologists regarding where tests can be purchased in the United Kingdom. This Directory is offered as a response for those enquiries. The purpose of this Directory is intended to be informative rather than evaluative.
ASSOCIATION OF TEST PUBLISHERS – (American) Established in 1992, the Association of Test Publishers is a non-profit organization representing providers of tests and assessment tools and/or services related to education, employment, certification/licensing or clinical uses. Established in 1992, the Association of Test Publishers is a non-profit organization representing providers of tests and assessment tools and/or services related to education, employment, certification/licensing or clinical uses.