Photocopying in the PRC/ Printing in the Hebb Computer Labs
- PHOTOCOPYING - 25 cents a page – Cash only – please have small bills or change
- Only approved Resource Centre material may be copied.
- PRINTING - in the Hebb Computer labs is set to double sided. See here to re-set for single sided printing.
- The photocopying of a copyrighted work such as a test, book, journal, or any substantial part of the work, without the permission of the copyright owner constitutes infringement of copyright. Details about copyright and the University are available in all libraries, photocopier locations and see "Copyright and You" site and here.
- The test publishers hold the copyright to commercial tests, and they set policies which determine whether a user is qualified to use, administer, and interpret the test, based on the user’s level of training and education.
- The PRC adheres to the publishers’ guidelines and policies on test use.
- Copying of manuals, protocols, and other parts of commercial tests is not permitted on the Resource Centre copier
- The Resource Centre has a limited number of computers for the use of clients to access our website.You can also use your laptop in the Centre to access AirYork - York’s wireless network access is available in BSB. Click here for more information.
- EDUROAM - allows York University community members who are visiting other participating institutions to access the wireless internet service using their York credentials. http://student.computing.yorku.ca/eduroam/
Laptops & Wireless
- The Resource Centre currently has 2 laptops available for short term loan [ up to 2 hours ] to eligible current graduate students, departmental faculty members, and the YUPC.
- The laptops are heavily circulated and eligible users can Reserve for a specific date(s) and time(s).
- Prior to borrowing for the first time, users will be asked to complete a “Resource Centre Laptop Loan Agreement” .
- Psychological testing and scoring software is installed on the laptop as well as a standard suite of applications (MS Office; SPSS; etc.). A "Laptop User Document" can be found on the desktop of each Laptop and a hard copy can be found in the laptop bag. N. B. Passwords are only included on the desktop & hard copies of this file!
- Individual publishers and vendors determine the format (e.g. MSWord, .pdf, etc.) for reports and output. As the laptop is not attached to a specific printer, please familiarize yourself with the features of the application(s) you will be using. You should have an external memorydrive / USB key available to save your work to. We also suggest e-mailing the files to yourself for redunancy.
- Tips on using wireless printing are also provided on each laptop.
- Users are responsible for the ethical / legal use of resources and tests; for ensuring all reports, files, client identifiers etc. are removed before returning the laptop to the PRC. In addition the laptop is "DeepFrozen", all files saved locally will be deleted upon logout / shutdown.
- Please check the current holdings of test software.
- Each publisher / vendor may have their own unique interface and these can change with upgrades and new versions of the software and / or administrative software.
- The PRC welcomes suggestion for purchase. Please fill out a “Recommend a Purchase” request.