Who can use the PRC?
The PRC mandate is to provide valuable resources, services and assistance to York psychology fourth-year undergraduates, graduate students and departmental faculty members for teaching, for psychological assessment(s) and for research purposes.
PRC Borrowers’ Code
- Users' are financially responsible for loss / damage that occurs while material is checked out by and/ or used by them.
- Borrowers may not write in books, turn down page corners, or use "post-it"-type notes/flags.
- See complete Code here.
- 4000, 4170 and other undergraduate students may be able to access material in the PRC and/or purchase protocols of tests they are qualified to use with their Course Director's authorization.
- Current graduate students, departmental faculty members and the YUPC are eligible to borrow materials.
- LOAN PERIOD ALL MATERIALS – 48 Hours
- LAPTOP – 1 hour (except by special arrangement)
- Resources are subject to recall from any borrower. Recalled material is due back in the PRC within 24 hours.
- Reference books do NOT circulate except by special arrangement.
- Major / Minor Area Papers & Undergraduate Honours Theses do NOT circulate and CANNOT be photocopied. They must be reviewed in the Centre.
- Reserve and designated course materials may be assigned different Loan Periods.
- Arrangements can be made to borrow some high-use, short-term loans, and Reference resources overnight or on the weekend within one hour of closing and such loans are due the next business day within one hour of opening.
- To renew items:
- Renewals can be requested in person (BSB 160), by phone (416) 736-2100 (ext. 77189) or via our contact form.
- You may be unable to renew items if:
- Another borrower has reserved the item.
- Renewals are accommodated on condition that if another user subsequently requests the item(s), it (they) will be returned within 24 hours of recall.
- It is required in a course.
- Reservations can be made by current graduate students; departmental faculty members and for the YUPC.
- Borrowing priority is given to faculty and students who require the resource(s) for course use. Loan periods may be amended during the academic term(s) that these resources are being used (WISCs, WIATs, WAISs, tests etc.)
- Resources required for completion of Assessments will take precedence over Practice or other requirements.
- All loans are subject to recall.
- Borrowers have 24 hours to return the item(s)